Biomass and Pyrolytic Conversion
America's prosperous lifestyle creates waste. Much of it goes to landfills that are reaching their capacity and may pose environmental hazards. Alternatives such as traditional incinerators can create air pollution and ash that requires hazardous waste disposal.
Essentially, the problem is that there is not enough energy, but there is too much trash. Biomass technologies convert trash to energy, providing a very attractive solution for our society.
An equally important advantage is the Avoided Costs of biomass technologies. For example:
- 100 tons of trash can be reduced to 9-14 tons of ash, depending on the waste stream
- The reduction in tonnage means that less material needs to be shipped
- Shipping costs are reduced
- Shipping-generated pollution is reduced
- Road and other infrastructure requirements are reduced, lightening the load on governing bodies
- Land-fill deposits are reduced
- The ash depositted in land fill is inert, reducing hazards to future generations
Pyrolyzation (or Pyrolysis) is an advanced Biomass technology with many advantages:
- Conversion takes place in an oxygen-free environment
- Virtually no toxins are created or released
- Clean electrical power is generated
- Charcol byproduct can be valuable
- Entire process exceeds government pollution standards
Brownco Construction Company, Inc. offers much more than design and construction:
- We will perform feasability and performance analyses to guide decision makers.
- We handle permitting and design through certification and validation.
- Our experts will generate budget numbers to aid in appropriating funds for your project.
As a self-performing contractor, our trades are in-house, so we offer competitive rates, greater control and an uncomprimising commitment to quality and service. See our information on structural steel and concrete construction and much more, and you know Brownco can help make your project a success. Please contact us for more information.